Sunday 13 November 2011

Cardiff Children's library update

Hi everyone.

Since the last training days I've used my new skills to produce a presentation for my colleagues showing how to add a blog post - we are in the process of setting up a blog for our children's and teen reading groups.
I was planning to create a screencast but our staff PCs lack sound so decided to create a powerpoint presentation as I was sure this could be viewed by everyone!

I've uploaded it to google documents so that I could embed it here (it is very simple but I hope it does the job).


I've also begun setting up a google site for some of our recommendations for books/websites. I found this really quick to use, it's getting the content up to date that is taking the longest time but I think it will make our recommendations more relevant than the paper forms they are currently in.

The skills and information from this Wise Kids training will continue to be put to use at work, improving the service for our users (hopefully!). Also personally I have really enjoyed learning about how to use these great web 2.0 technologies.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment