Wednesday 2 November 2011

Training Blog for RCT Libraries

Hi
My name is Nick Kelland and I am an Area Librarian for Rhondda Cynon Taff Libraries. I manage 14 branches in the Taff/Lower Rhondda area. I enjoyed the course very much and it did open my eyes to the ways social media websites could be used by libraries.
I was particularly interested in the use of blogs as training tools. RCT Libraries has 28 branches and we have great difficulty in bring staff together for training events or in getting training to the branches.
For my project I am going to adapt a project I am already working on to produce a training resource for RCT libraries on answering information enquires. Initially this was going to be delivered in a traditional paper based format but I have now decided to create a blog to deliver this training.  Hopefully this will prove to be a success and we can use this method for future training.

No comments:

Post a Comment