Thursday 22 September 2011

Implementing new skills from Wise Kids- Haley Arnold

Hello all!

I'm Haley Arnold, Senior Library Asst and IT Support Asst at Trevithick Library, Cardiff University.   I am first contact for all queries in the library and as I cover both Library and IT, I have a lot to keep on top of!  Some of the IT-based tasks I carry out on a daily basis are offering support for printing or computer queries.  I am also in charge of facilitating promotion of campaigns on all the plasma screens within the Cardiff University libraries as well as training for the digital software used with these screens.  I, along with three colleagues, make up the editorial group that are responsible for tweeting on the collaborative Cardiff University Library service twitter account. 

The two day part of the wisekids course introduced a lot of tools that I already use on a daily basis but has taught me how to pull all of these resources together to link up in a collective way to stay connected and make my work more efficient. 

I intend to create a tutorial with screenr, the screencasting tool introduced by Sangeet that I had not used before. I'd like to use it to demonstrate how to navigate to an existing IT Manual wiki. This would be particularly useful for evening and weekend staff when IT support is unavailable.

I look forward to the third day of the workshop.  Thanks Sangeet..Wisekids is a great project, and I'm happy that Cymal is sponsoring it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment